If you are receiving the message "Couldn't connect to your media devices" and it is saying you did not give us permission to access your media devices after clicking on "Yes" to allow permission, there may be additional permissions you need to grant outside of the internet browser.
Please follow the steps below for your operating system:
1. Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
2. Select Camera.
3. Select the checkbox next to the browser you're using (Chrome or Firefox) to allow it to access your camera.
4. Repeat the above step for Microphone, within the Privacy tab.
1. Go to Settings > Privacy.
2. Select Camera (under App Permissions).
3. Make sure "Allow apps to access your camera" is turned on.
4. Repeat the above step for Microphone (under App Permissions).
In addition, regardless of your operating system, please ensure all other applications that utilize your camera or microphone (e.g. Zoom, Slack, Teams, Facetime, etc.) are completely closed.
Article is closed for comments.