The additional functionality that comes with Advanced Links vs. Basic Links includes:
- Share one or more interviews at a time
- Receive an alert when a reviewer opens your Advanced Link
- Enable a reviewer to submit a review on an interview you share with them
- Customize what information is included on the shared page
- Configure email templates to share interviews
- Add an automatic expiration time for shared interviews
Creating an Advanced Link
An Advanced Link can be created for one or more interviews. Therefore, it can be generated when you're watching a specific interview or from your list of interviews. Let's walk through the steps of creating an Advanced Link from your list of interviews as creating one from a specific interview is the same except you won't be selecting multiple interviews at once.
- Visit your Interviews.
- Select the interviews you want to share.
- Click Share on the top of your list of interviews.
- Enter the name and email address of everyone you want to share the interview with.
- Next, you have the option to customize some link settings. This provides you with an opportunity to hide certain information from the shared page. *More information about the link settings can be found below*
- You can choose to have the Advanced Link automatically expire. To make the link automatically expire, select Yes and then choose the number of days/weeks from now that you'd like the link to expire in.
- From here, you have the option to Automatically send an email to each reviewer with the Advanced Link. If you keep this as Yes, Spark Hire will send an email to all of the recipients using the email template that you select in this section. If you choose No, you'll need to manually send a link to each person you want to share interviews with.
- Lastly, if you choose to send an email through Spark Hire, you have the ability to customize the content that gets sent. You can modify the content that's loaded by default or select an email template from your email template library.
- Click Create links.
A unique link is going to be created for each person you're sharing interviews with. We do this for a couple of reasons:
- The unique link is tracked so you'll receive an email notification when the reviewer opens it
- The unique link is tied to the reviewer so they can submit a review on an interview
As mentioned above, you have the option to customize your link settings before sharing interviews. Here's what each setting is referring to:
- Abbreviate names: Only the first name(s) of your candidate(s) will show when you share their interview(s).
- Hide avatars: If a candidate has uploaded an avatar image, it will not be displayed on the page you share.
- Hide full profiles: If a candidate has added profile or resume information, it will not be displayed on the page you share.
- Hide skipped questions: If a candidate skipped a question during their interview, it will not be included as one of the videos that's shared.
- Disable feedback: If you don't want the reviewer (Advanced Share Link recipient) to be able to leave a rating and comment, check this option.
Now that you've created Advanced Links, you're probably wondering how you can manage them.
Check out our help desk article on managing share links