1. Close applications other than Spark Hire that use your webcam and microphone. These applications such as Skype and FaceTime may interfere with Spark Hire's ability to leverage your webcam and microphone.
2. Utilize a newer web browser. The most recent versions of the following browsers are supported:
3. Click the settings button on the bottom left of the video recorder to ensure you're utilizing the proper webcam and microphone. You'll know you're using the right webcam when you can see yourself in the video recorder. You'll know you're using the right microphone when you see the mic meter turn green when you have the settings popup open. We also recommend playing back your video after you record it to ensure video and audio are working. Remember, you can re-record.
4. Connect to a stable internet connection--an ethernet cable connection is preferred to wireless.
6. If you don't have a functioning webcam, download the Spark Hire mobile application for iOS and Android devices. You can record your answers right from your phone!