What is a live video interview?
A live video interview is very similar to a standard video conference or chat (e.g. Skype.)
The difference is that you'll be interviewing directly in your web browser and don't need to exchange usernames. You'll also be entering a professionally branded interview experience with the organization you're connecting with.
What should I do if I need help with my video interview?
If you need assistance, please contact our support team by submitting an inquiry here. We respond 24x7 so we'll be sure to get back to you as soon as we can!
In addition, if you'd like to test your equipment and connection before your interview, please reach out to set up a time to speak with a member of our team before your interview.
Is there anything specific I should know?
There are a few things we recommend to ensure you have a successful interview.
- Make sure your web browser is up to date with the latest version. We recommend using Google Chrome if using a desktop or laptop computer.
- If using a mobile device to connect in the interview, you will need to use Safari if on an iOS device (e.g. iPhone, iPad), and Google Chrome if on an Android device.
- Hardwired internet is preferred over wireless internet (WiFi) as the connection is more stable. If you can only use WiFi, ensure that no one else is using the network for activities that take up a lot of the bandwidth available to use (e.g. streaming Netflix.)
- Minimize the number of programs that are running on your computer to ensure your device's computing power isn't limited
- Close applications such as Skype, Facetime, or Zoom that use your webcam and microphone so they don't interfere
What are some tips and best practices?
We recommend that you treat a live video interview very similar to an in-person interview. Dress and act professionally, enter your interview on time, and make sure that your background is clean and organized. We also suggest sending a thank you note to the organization you are interviewing with after the completing of the interview.
Here's an overview on live video interviews: